Redwall's Legacy

Please login or register.

Users Online

14 Guests, 2 Users
Serena Rosebud, Unknowsoldier
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 10:29:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Most Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 259
  • Latest: Folgrim
Stats
  • Total Posts: 26273
  • Total Topics: 1367
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 55
  • (October 30, 2012, 11:32:44 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 14
Total: 16

Site Updates

~ Make sure your email address and other information is up to date, so you don't miss any important information or emails that we send out pertaining to the forum.

~ Find our 'chatroom' in the main navigation bar and chit-chat with others!

~ Look through our 'gallery' in the main navigation bar and submit your artwork to be displayed!

~ If you need help to get acquainted (or re-acquainted) to the site please visit the following link:
 http://www.redwallslegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=2495.0

~ 'Like' us on Facebook
- you don't need to have a facebook account to view the page. And if you don't, add it to your 'favorites'
https://www.facebook.com/Redwalls-Legacy-Online-160011034047022/

Author Topic: The Inn Far Down the Road  (Read 4455 times)

Offline Fernleaf

• Brother/Sister
  • Kudos Received: 32
    • View Profile
Re: The Inn Far Down the Road
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2017, 01:11:11 AM »
"Cockleburr is here now," said the hedgehog as he entered. "And I am hungry. Sorry I overslept, I was dead tired and needed it." He saw Grundlink with the two foxes. He came over and sat down beside his friend rat. "Are you going to introduce me to your friends?" he said, as he waited for breakfast.

Offline stargazette

• Elder
  • Kudos Received: 8
  • Hi!~ I am a girl, you can call me star and…look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2017, 07:21:17 PM »
Arries laughed, and grabbed some hot pastries and pancakes, and October Ale. "Here you go!"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:23:58 PM by Tinarandel »
fight for family, friends,peace, and deeper 'n ever pie ;)
check out my rps, plz?¡ :)
most of my charas are in the topic: Arries.

Offline Tinarandel

• Global Moderator
  • Warrior Member
  • Kudos Received: 38
  • Grey Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Destiny Beckons
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2018, 02:59:54 AM »
Azroel nicked a chair beside his brother and sat down in it, scratching his head.

“Friends? We don’t consider ourselves friends of yours just yet…only fellow vermin who happen to know each other’s names.”

Grundlink raised a finger to point them out, but Azem swallowed his buttered potato and raised a palm to stop the rat.

“We can introduce ourselves just fine. You need your breakfast, Grundlink, especially after what you endured yesterday. Eat up; you’ve got a long journey ahead.”

His attempt was instantly interrupted by Arries the wildcat appearing and bravely presenting her speech, renouncing her villainous ways and now promising to work to become a creature of peace…of sorts. Never to ‘pillage, plunder or slaughter’ ever again, and in the process, effectively disbanding the horde. Permanently. 

This brought mixed feelings of hope and confusion to the horde, or what remained of it. As soon as Arries left, ascended the staircase back into her bedroom, murmurs spread around the Inn. Azroel and Azem sensed their trepidation combined with enthusiasm, yet left it to the others to forge their own paths in life from thenceforth. For the fox brothers, their course – whether for good or for ill – had already been decided.

“Ain’t that a marvel!” Azem praised the bold honorable choice regarding the disbanding of the horde. He turned back to Cockleburr and introduced himself, as did Azroel. The formality was sealed with a shake of paws.

“If it’s not too much to ask, we desire to join you in your travel to Redwall Abbey. It may be an enormous risk, considering that we’re foxes, but we are taking nonetheless. Without risk, how do you know reward?”

Azroel nodded in affirmation of his brother’s words. “The war against Argrav Kelnris is Mossflower’s biggest news and juiciest gossip. We have no greater need in ourselves than to lend our bodies and our blades in the defense of Redwall as best we can.”

Grundlink grinned and took a knife to butter his biscuits. “They’re sincere, Cockleburr. I say we let ‘em join us, though I’d rather th’ vote be unanimous between th’ two o’ us. I wouldn’t do it withou’ your consent’ firs’.”

“We are greatly skilled in armed combat,” Azroel pressed further. “Grundlink, the two of us couldn’t help but notice your…ah, ‘diversified’ application of Soresu against Kradilus during the skirmish. Never has that technique been seen in the Forest or anywhere else in the world. In contrast, Kradilus is – or was – the horde’s uncontested Djem-So user, but now that he’s gone and taken Rugthort and Kullek with him…well, the horde no longer exists. Our preference is, get this, the archaic obsolete fencing-adapted Form II, Makashi. Yeah, we dare to use that Form, and not ashamed to admit it! We’d be a boon to Redwall’s war against Kelnris, that’s a promise.” Azroel threw his head back to drain his cognac and said no more.

Azem took over, eating the last of his buttered potato and wiping his fingers cleanly on a napkin. “Aye, and we’re likewise unafraid to stand up and vouch for ourselves should Redwall raise suspicion and distrust against us. Foxes get a bad reputation in these parts, no doubt of that.

“Regardless, we await your decision, Cockleburr.”

Grundlink shot Cockleburr an encouraging fanged smile. “All down t’ ye, my woodlander brother. Think wisely!”
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:32:06 PM by Tinarandel »
"There is no Light without the Dark.
Through Passion, I gain Focus.
Through Knowledge, I gain Power.
Through Serenity, I gain Strength.
Through Victory, I gain Harmony.
There is only the Force."~Grey Jedi Code.

Offline Fernleaf

• Brother/Sister
  • Kudos Received: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2018, 01:05:27 AM »
Cockleburr was listening while he was eating his breakfast, and he was ravenous! He had some potatoes and some biscuits and gravy.

He was eyeing the foxes and thinking back to the time when he found himself trusting Grundlink. The ferret Fernleaf had a paw in that. The disbanding of the horde worked to their advantage. He wouldn't rush into anything and would use his breakfast as an excuse to think. Form II, Makashi. Very few did that anymore, and it was a surprise to him that the foxes used it.

He finished eating and lazily twirled his mace Spiketail. The fact Grundlink trusted them was a point in their favor.

"What do I say?" he said at last. "I say let them come with us. We shall see what they can do. We have a ferret there who would love to talk with them. And any allies against Kelnris will be welcome."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 07:24:09 PM by Tinarandel »

Offline stargazette

• Elder
  • Kudos Received: 8
  • Hi!~ I am a girl, you can call me star and…look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2018, 07:44:13 PM »
The squirrelmaid walked over to the table again. Most of the other patrons had left by now.
"Do you need anything? It is a little while from Redwall from here, and all this drama probably made you later than before. If you don't mind me asking, what is so important there?" She inquired gathering the finished plates and cutlery. "It seems like the likes of you would be going off, having adventures, not going to the peaceful Abbey."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:35:30 PM by Tinarandel »
fight for family, friends,peace, and deeper 'n ever pie ;)
check out my rps, plz?¡ :)
most of my charas are in the topic: Arries.

Offline Tinarandel

• Global Moderator
  • Warrior Member
  • Kudos Received: 38
  • Grey Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Destiny Beckons
« Reply #105 on: Yesterday at 10:27:56 PM »
Grundlink happily handed over his empty plate and silverware to Arries, but as he took his mug of October Ale, the rat shook his head and tapped his tail on the table almost indignantly.

“Have ye not been listenin’ t’ what my friend an’ I have been sayin’ over the past 24 hours? Mossflower is in th’ midst o’ a terrifyin’ war, darling miss Arries. Th’ wildcat Argrav Kelnris has threatened Redwall, an’ is continuin t’ do so, even as we sit here an’ speak. Our idle chatter does nothin’ unless we initiate actions t’ back them up. Cockleburr, myself, an’ these two foxes are goin’ there whether ye like or not. They need help, as much as they can get. Kelnris won’t give up until th’ Abbey is his, and we’ll not sit passively by an’ let him take it without a fight. Argue if ye wish; it’ll get ye nowhere. If ye have somethin’ t’ say t’ oppose our actions, then might as well just stay. Don’t come cryin’ t’ us if that war comes t’ your door.”

He suddenly stood up, placing his ale back on the table and turning himself in the direction of the stairs to the upper floor.

“Speakin’ of which, excuse me, please. Don’t drink from my cup!” He warned Cockleburr, giving him a teasing wink.

Seeing none attempting to stop him, Grundlink ascended the stairs up to the room of the wildcat. He knocked, and hearing the invitation to enter, he did so, finding the wildcat awake and gathering her belongings together.

Grundlink untied his weapons from his belt and laid them aside against the wall, meaning no harm to her. When she drew a dagger on him, the rat lifted up his palms to emphasize his unspoken statement.

“Madame Arries, leader o’ th’ Horde o’ Sinom th’ Fierce. I’ve come bearin’ an invitation, a plea for help. Mossflower is at war. Argrav Kelnris, a wildcat just like ye, threatens t’ dominate Redwall Abbey, an’ they’ve sent out many cries for aid and reinforcements. Yesternoon, my hedgehog friend revealed t’ me that the legendary hero Martin th’ Warrior had chosen his Champion in this dark time: Fernleaf the Hermit, once known as Zagreb th’ Assassin. He is a ferret, but Martin’s choice is solid word. Fernleaf is being trained by th’ one o’ whom I spoke last night, Jared Sandeye. Tinarandel th’ Dawn-Bringer himself.

Yet, even with these revalations that have tipped th’ scales o’ th’ conflict back in Redwall’s favor, their side still remains desperate. Th’ numbers o’ true warriors still remain few.”

Arries sheathed her dagger and relaxed, now open to listening. Grundlink dropped his palms, but stretched one out for her to possibly take.

Hopefully.

“That is where we come t’ my invitation, madame. Ye are a proud an’ mighty warrior. Your combat prowess is unlike any I’ve ever seen from your species. Ye’d be an enormous aid in th’ fight agains’ Argrav. Your foxes, Azem an’ Azroel, who were loyal to your horde before its disbandin’, are also travelin’ with me. I cannot imagine how grateful they’d be if their former leader stood by their side, sword and dagger drawn, t’ lead them, inspire them, give them courage just as ye did in th’ horde.

Please, Arries. Do it for Azem an’ Azroel. Do it for your squirrelmaid friend. Do it for th’ Inn. Do it for your warriors. Above all, do it for yourself.”

Now he’d placed his other paw on her shoulder, his eyes desperate and pleading.

“This is your chance…t’ finally do some good….t’ finally make a difference in th’ world.”
"There is no Light without the Dark.
Through Passion, I gain Focus.
Through Knowledge, I gain Power.
Through Serenity, I gain Strength.
Through Victory, I gain Harmony.
There is only the Force."~Grey Jedi Code.

anything