Redwall's Legacy

Please login or register.

Users Online

25 Guests, 2 Users
T.J., Sierra
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2017, 05:05:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Most Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 257
  • Latest: Pask
Stats
  • Total Posts: 26348
  • Total Topics: 1347
  • Online Today: 36
  • Online Ever: 55
  • (October 30, 2012, 11:32:44 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 25
Total: 27

Site Updates

~ Make sure your email address and other information is up to date, so you don't miss any important information or emails that we send out pertaining to the forum.

~ Find our 'chatroom' in the main navigation bar and chit-chat with others!

~ Look through our 'gallery' in the main navigation bar and submit your artwork to be displayed!

~ If you need help to get acquainted (or re-acquainted) to the site please visit the following link:
 http://www.redwallslegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=2495.0

~ 'Like' us on Facebook
- you don't need to have a facebook account to view the page. And if you don't, add it to your 'favorites'
https://www.facebook.com/Redwalls-Legacy-Online-160011034047022/

Author Topic: Redwall MUCK  (Read 712 times)

Offline Magramba

• Dibbun
  • Kudos Received: 0
    • View Profile
    • Redwall MUCK
Redwall MUCK
« on: May 02, 2016, 01:26:40 PM »
Hey guys!

I'm new here, but I'm not new to Redwall RP. I've been playing over at Redwall MUCK ( http://rwmuck.limitless.org/ ) for 10+ years. I thought I'd spread the word, since I noticed you guys don't have any posts about it here.

Redwall MUCK is a multi-user, text-based world firmly based on the Redwall series. At one time we were featured and had a link on the official Redwall page, even. If you visit our site, you can browse through our forums and there's a big button to get into the game itself. The game has been running for just over 20 years now, and it has a rich history built on the series itself and the various places and characters that have come and gone over the last two decades. It is not forum-based RP, but much more like a chat than that. It's not like a chatroom per se, though. You need to click that big button to really experience it for yourself as I can't explain it any better than that! It's live, active, real-time RP with other people online at the same time as you, rather than the forums-based approach here. Maybe that explains it a little better.

Anyway, if that sounds interesting to you, be sure to check us out after the jump at http://rwmuck.limitless.org/.
If you do click the big button, which I highly recommend you do, you'll be asked to log in as a guest. Once you do, type 'f' and hit enter to see who's online. The vast, vast majority of those people will be active and able to help you with any questions you might have. I go by Magramba there as well, and I actively watch for guests, so I may hit you up before you have the chance to holler. :) Hope to see you around soon!

Keep the Light,
Magramba

Online T.J.

• Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Kudos Received: 23
  • I love rocks
    • View Profile
    • Videos of my life
Re: Redwall MUCK
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 09:03:29 PM »
Hey Magramba! Welcome to Redwalls Legacy, I hope you enjoy our little RPG site here and become an active member. I am TJ one of the administrators here on Redwall.

I have checked out your site and have joined (TJ, female fox) and I must say, it is quiet overwhelming and I am struggling to figure it out right now. The commands aren't as simple as it is made out to be, I"m sure with more time I will figure it out and it looks like it would be very fun to play on.

We at Redwalls Legacy are a traditional RPG based forum, what makes us unique is that we have been around for almost 10 years (next year is our anniversary) and I myself have been here, along with a few others since it opened. We pride ourselves on the writing here and many of our members, since they join our site, improve a lot on the writing. I myself am one of them. Since at least 2 or more are always on, its great writing, even if we don't post every day, our RPGs get finished in due time and at the end, it creates great memories.

Yes this site is very quiet and we don't advertise much other sites since we don't know how many are existing or still active. Usually when we do advertise about another site, the site we are talking about on here does the same to the other website, its one hand washes the other type deal. Advertise here and you advertise us on the other site.

Looking at MUCK, I'm trying to find the board to talk and advertise our site, but I am having a hard time finding that board. Maybe you can help me? I would love to know more about the other site and one I figured and played it more I can post it up on our front page, but in turn you must do the same on MUCK.

Please dont hesitate to contact me, or Kiara our other admin or any member here if you have any questions or want to get started to Role Play here. We are all friendly and we don't bite. Promise.

Again WELCOME TO REDWALLS LEGACY!
..::TJ's Crew::..
TJ- Human Fox- Red and white- Assassin
Captian Tessa- squirrel-maid- redish gold - Captain of Guards
Jessie-  squirrel-maid -gray - Cartographer
Doctor Fabiana- Mousmaid - light brown- Doctor
Commodore Dominique- Otter Maid- dark brown- Pirate
Bio: http://www.redwallslegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=2160.msg41211#msg41211

Offline Magramba

• Dibbun
    • View Profile
    • Redwall MUCK
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:56:29 AM »
Hello TJ! It's nice to meet you.

The Muck can be a bit overwhelming at first if you're unused to the environment. You'll catch on faster than you think, I promise.  :)

The writing ability of our players spans a wide range, as I'm sure is the case here as well. Depending on who you're in a room with, poses (what we call actions) might be a full paragraph or just a few words. Most folks find the players whose style resonates with them and stick together, but there are plenty of chameleons like me who can fit into both paradigms equally well.

We don't actually have an 'advertisement' section per se on our forums, and I think you might need to have an account on the actual site to post in the first place, so I've gone ahead and written up a post for you in our 'Chatterbox' section. I wouldn't want you to be mistaken for a spammer coming in and posting ads anyway, but as I play the Abbey Champion I think it'll be okay if I do.  ;)
You can find it here: http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/content/ad-redwalls-legacy-redwall-forum-rp-site-ad
(Assuming it'll let you in as a non-registered user)

I'll break down a few things here to make the 'barrier to entry' lower and alleviate any confusion that you and other potential players might have.

1. The site that I've linked to and the game itself are separate. The site itself is just a holder for information about the game, not the game itself. Making a site account and making a character in the game are separate things too. You have to either click the big button that says "Play Now Launch Web Client" or use your own client to connect. For those who are just starting, the webclient will work fine, but I can also provide tips and recommendations for choosing a client of your own (there's help on the site as well).

2. Because the site and the game are different, you can make an account on the site without making a character in the game and vice versa. It's actually a good thing, because then you can manage any info you post on the site about your gajillion characters from one account. The registration process for the site is a bit broken right now, so you might need to email the chief wizard, Otter, to get your verification email for that. No emails are needed to make a game character, though.

3. There is a tutorial in the game, but there are also a variety of extremely useful help guides on the site. The most useful ones for beginners are conveniently gathered here: http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/content/beginners-guides

4. Finally, the most useful tool I can probably give, is the 'f' and the 'p' commands. If you type the letter 'f' and hit enter while logged into the game, you'll be shown a list of everyone currently online, their status, and their location. If you then type 'p Magramba = Hi, I'm from Redwall's Legacy!' you'll send a page (private message) to me (or whoever else's name you might want to put there), and I or they will be happy to help you figure things out. It seems daunting at first, but once you learn a few basic commands (they're almost all one letter or two) you'll be zipping around and getting into RP with no problems at all. The only people I would tell you not to page are Arevin, Sakris, Riverbot, and Darcy, because they're connected all the time and odds are good they're not really watching. Anyone else should be able to help!

I hope that doesn't sound too intimidating, because it's really not. I started playing on the Muck before I was 10 years old, and if I could figure it out, you can too. :) If you have more questions and for some reason you can't ask them on the Muck itself, please feel free to post them here.

Keep the Light,
Magramba

Icefurr

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 07:51:28 PM »
I signed up at one point, but never really played. I got confused.

Offline coolcoyote

• Warrior Member
  • Kudos Received: 11
  • Meniacal laughter is the best medicine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 10:19:06 PM »
*also plays there*

A muck is like a text only video game, one where you control the story.

Every room has a description and links to other rooms. By typing the letters in [ ] traverse the map.

Here is a run down of basic comands.
 Everything in <> means you insert x thing there.

Page: page a character in another room. Page is private.
P <playername=

Look: examines the objects appearence. Can use on players.
Look or l <playername or object>

Quote: puts your name infront of a quote. Ex: Coolcoyote says,"blah blah blah"
"

Pose: puts your name in front of an action. Coolcoyte does a dance! It is very lively!
:

Spoof: the core of all rp sites. Spoof creates a freeform post sith no name infront of it. Ex: The coyote known as cool then does a dance. While lively it proves he knows nothing about dancing.
Spoof <insert pose here>

Roompage: ooc chat channel. Can be seen by all in the room.
rp <message>
rp :<poses work with this too!>

Dice rolling: for us weirdos who like the addition of random chance :3
+roll-dice <number of dice>d<type>

Ooc: takes you to the ooc realm.
Ooc

Ic: takes you to the grid.
Ic

Portal: portal takes you to a room that links to several areas across the muck.
Portal.

If you are using the web browser you can only enter one paragraph at a time with a set character limit.
Dylan Locke - Lizard mercenary
Rascal - Foxy food thief
Rasilisk - Lizard Advisor for Southsward
Liam Grey - Pudgy Pine Marten pirate
Npcs....so many npcs....

Offline Shadetail

• Brother/Sister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 06:02:41 PM »
Interesting. I might drop by again sometime.
My characters: Willow  Shadetail

Offline coolcoyote

• Warrior Member
  • Kudos Received: 11
  • Meniacal laughter is the best medicine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 12:30:50 AM »
page me as Bandit sometime and I might be able to run a plot with you.

P playername=

Or page mail me your char info if im not online

P #mail playername=
Dylan Locke - Lizard mercenary
Rascal - Foxy food thief
Rasilisk - Lizard Advisor for Southsward
Liam Grey - Pudgy Pine Marten pirate
Npcs....so many npcs....

anything